The world is a quite unusual place; things frequently don’t happen as indicated by the plan, and weird incidents are for the most part the standard.
On account of this current, it’s not astonishing that there would be unforeseen facts about everything from pencils, to history, to human brains which fails at this scientific era, and everything in the centre.
The accompanying 50 list of amazing facts of the world have been handpicked to instruct and delight; read on to discover more about this astounding world and the general population that occupy it. Let’s get started :
- Getting struck by lightning heat skin to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit, that’s hotter than the surface of the Sun.
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
- The Hawaiian alphabet only has 12 letters which are AEIOUHKLMNP and W.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards.
- A flamingo can only eat with its head upside down.
- The lighter was invented ten years before the match was.
- It’s physically impossible for a pig to look up at the sky.
- The very first Internet domain name to ever be registered with Symbolics(.com) on March 15th, 1985 and still exists today.
It was concluded that the easiest colour to spot at a distance is the colour yellow which is also why that’s the most popular colour for taxicabs.
- The largest employer in the world is the US Department of Defense which employs over 3 million people.
- The120-year-old song happy birthday is actually copyrighted and it’s owned by Warner Chappell Music. The company still insists that nobody can sing it without first paying them royalties. So basically, you’ve been breaking the law at every birthday you’ve ever been to.
- Humans are born with 350 bones in their body, but when a person reaches adulthood, we only have 206 this is because our bones fused together as the body grows and develops.
- There are 158 verses in the Greek national anthem making it the longest national anthem in the world. To put that into perspective the Canadian and American national anthems both only have four verses each.
The Maldive coconut is the largest seed in the world.
- Apple seeds actually contain a cyanide compound.
- In dirt soil, a mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
- It is impossible to tickle yourself. This is because your cerebellum warns the rest of your brain that you’re about to tickle yourself so it ignores the resulting sensation.
- The typical lead pencil can draw a line that is 35 miles long.
Astronauts get taller in space due to the lack of gravity.
- Of all the animals on earth, the mosquito has contributed to more deaths than any other animal.
- All elephants walk on their tiptoes. This is because the back part of their foot made up of all fat and no bone.
- Hawaii has the only royal palace in the United States, still used as an official residence by a reigning monarch.
The strongest muscle in the human body proportional to its size is the tongue.
- An octopus has three hearts, nine brains and blue blood.
- If the population of China walked by you single-file, the line would never end due to the rate of reproduction.
- The hair on a polar bear is actually not white but clear. They reflect light which makes them appear to be white.
- A chameleon can move its eyes in two directions at the same time.
England is smaller than the state of Florida by over fifteen thousand square miles.
- In case you never noticed the MonaLisa has no eyebrows or eyelashes.
- The world’s largest yacht has 94000 horsepower and is 590 feet long. Which is about the length of two football fields.
- Humans and Giraffes both only have seven vertebrae in their necks, which is surprising considering Giraffe’s necks are so much bigger.
- Buttermilk does not contain any butter. In fact, it’s quite low in fat and it’s actually good for your digestion.
Disneyland does not sell chewing gum. This is because Walt Disney did not want guest’s inconvenienced by stepping on gum that they purchased at the park.
- A Girrafe can go longer without water than a camel can.
- Apple, peaches, plums, strawberries, raspberries, cherries and almonds all belong to the Rose family.
- Snails can sleep for up to three years.
- Sharks lose over 30,000 teeth in their lifetime.
A day on the planet Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
- Whips make a cracking sound because the tip actually moves faster than the speed of sound, creating a small sonic boom.
- Hippo sweat is actually Red and it contains a pigment that’s a natural sunscreen.
- A cockroach can live several weeks without its head.
- Methane gas is produced by cows create just as much pollution as cars do.
Dolphins only sleep with half their brain at a time and thus they’re always half conscious otherwise, they would drown.
- In advertisements, the time displayed on a watch or clock is almost always 10:10.
- The majority of the dust in your house is made up from your own dead skin.
- Most lipsticks contain fish scales.
- The average person falls asleep in only about seven minutes.
- Over 100 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every single minute.